Wednesday, July 20, 2022

in Payne

They keep predicting 10-20 kt winds in the afternoon, but we're not seeing it. Most of the day was less than 5.

We're in Payne tonight. It's a small cove around the corner from Montague Hbr.

After anchoring we started to wonder about the big dock on shore. It has the look of a public dock, complete with a Canadian flag and small boats tied up to it. But there is no signage that I could see either encouraging or discouraging entry from the water. So I jumped in the dinghy and paddled over for a look. At first I saw nothing, but when I paddled around to the other side of the dock, a small sign said it was a private dock for owners only. It sounds like a time share / vacation property with boats the owners can use.

After paddling back to the boat I set up the shower on the aft deck. It felt really good to rinse off. The last couple of days have been hot hot hot. The mosquitoes have been loving it.

Chuck is making shrimp jambalaya for dinner tonight. And of course w we can't let this box of wine go to waste. The last of the apple pie too.

Sent from my rgPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment