Sunday, July 24, 2022

 If I’m sitting in a living room the trip must be over. The marina that I moved out of in May has saved a spot for me on the docks they use for brokering Pacific Seacraft sales.  PS was my dream boat at one time in my younger days. I used to imagine getting into such a beast and sailing around the world. They’re sturdy, heavy boats. The boat I ended up with is just as sturdy, but less heavy.


I have a long list of maintenance that needs doing in the coming months. Nothing is dire, hopefully. The work started today with disassembly of the cockpit sole. It was starting to come apart on its own, so I need to bring some clamps and epoxy out to the boat to reassemble it properly. 


The wind generator needs work, the watermaker needs work, the sail drive needs work, and the list goes on. 


But that’s what what comes from using a boat. Or from not using it. To be any kind of boat owner, it helps to enjoy working on boats. 


That’s what’s left of this trip: the cleanup and repair work. This blog, however, is done. 


Before I close I’d like to send warm thanks to the Quijote crew for this trip. In order of appearance, they are Matt, Chuck, and Sapna. Thank you guys. I couldn’t have done it without you.


Thank you also to our loyal Following of readers. You guys are obviously an essential part of any blogging effort. I so appreciate that you find this drivel interesting enough that it’s worth coming back to day after day. It helps, I’m sure, to keep these posts short. So it is in that spirit that I bid you farewell, until the next trip, wherever that may be (I have no clue yet). 






No comments:

Post a Comment